adventures in inner city education

Dedicated and over-educated teacher leaves the pampered comfort of a Stanford PhD program to teach at a small, stereotypically 'inner city' elementary school in Washington, DC. And blogs about it.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Renewal

Now at the tail-end of sixteen days off of school. Just settling down now (at 10:22 pm) to work on stuff for tomorrow and the week to come. While I'm a bit pressed for time now, I feel refreshed, having not so much as touched a spelling test or math paper for over two weeks.

Tomorrow, back to the grind. The day after Christmas break is one of my favorite days of the school year, as it is like a second chance at the first day of school, only now you know the kids.

Have a New Year's Resolution to Blog Religiously. Quality may go down, but quantity will certainly increase...which I don't feel too bad about, as my brother's resolution is to Eat More Bacon...I'm at least beating that one.

Happy New Year, all!

3 Comments:

At January 11, 2006 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great resolution! My circle of teacher friends in Michigan are thrilled to hear it!!

 
At January 26, 2006 12:41 AM, Blogger lauren said...

Hey you, post more blogposts! I wanna know what's goin' on!!!

By the way, did you know that if you google "Transcription Conventions" on google scholar, your paper comes up, with a PDF link?

:)

 
At February 02, 2006 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what happened to your New Year's Resolution? I think I know.... Mine has gone down the tubes, too. No, wait! I never made one. Now that it's groundhog day (right?) maybe I can try again. Renewal, kind of like right after Christmas break. Luv.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home